Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Note About Conferences and Grades (Parents Please Read!)

Greetings!  I look forward to meeting many of you at Parent-Teacher Conferences next week.  One thing I want you to know is that I will be at all sessions EXCEPT the morning session on Tuesday.  I think the school reported that .80 time teachers would be absent on the Monday AM session, but I had already made appointments for my own childrens' conferences for Tuesday morning.  So any time but Tuesday morning please come in!

I have been entering grades for 2nd quarter, but be careful when you look at 2nd quarter grades because they only reflect the last 2 weeks of class.  If you want to know your student's accurate SEMESTER grade (the one that counts), please make sure that you are looking at the semester grade report.  Previously I had tinkered with adjusting this by adding a bunch of points to the 2nd quarter grade, but I just undid this because the semester grade calculations were coming out wrong.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at mkenny@pps.k12.or.us

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment